Social Sprouts, SLP is a pediatric speech and language therapy practice specializing in social skills groups for children ages 3-10 years old. Social Sprouts, SLP offers social skills groups in NYC and Brooklyn that are organized based on age, language abilities, play skills and social pragmatic development. Theme-based instruction is centered around play, and incorporates movement and language based activities to facilitate a variety of social interactions between children.
In addition to social skills groups, Social Sprouts, SLP provides facilitated playdates, special event support and siblings social skill building both in the home and office.
Social Sprouts, SLP also provides individual speech and language therapy for children with a variety of therapeutic needs ages birth to 10 years.
Benefits of Social Skills Groups Include:
- Joining In and Initiating Play with Peers
- Increased Flexibility
- Increased Eye Contact
- Turn Taking & Sharing
- Reciprocal Commenting and Question Asking
- Negotiating Conflicts & Problem Solving
- Cooperative and Collaborative Play Skills
- Increased Social Confidence
- Emotional Awareness in Self and Others
- Increased Independence from Adults in a Group Setting
- Building and Sustaining Friendships
- Improving Conversational Skills